Search for notes
Follow the steps below to perform note or notebook searching in UpNote:
- Enter the phrase you want to search in the search box located in the top bar of UpNote window or use the shortcut
Cmd/Ctrl + Gto open the search box.
- You will see the matched results in the notes list below.
- You can toggle between searching in
All Notesor in the current notebook
- If you are using other app, you can use the global shortcut
Cmd/Ctrl + Option + Gto quickly open UpNote search.
- On desktop apps, you may save your search so you can find it quickly from the sidebar. Click the save buttonin the search box.
- Your saved search will appear under All Notes section.
- Tap the search iconin the upper right corner of your notes list screen.
- Enter the phrases you want to search
- You may select if you want to search in the current notebook/folder/tag or in All Notes
- To search for exact phrases, wrap your searched phrase in double quotation marks, for example
- You may search for tags by inserting the
#key in front of the phrase
By default, UpNote search doesn't show the results from locked notebook to protect your privacy.
If you want to include the results from locked notebooks, you can do so from the Search options.
On desktop, click the Search icon in the search bar and select
Search in locked notes. You will be asked to enter the lock password to enable this option.
On mobile, click the Settings icon in the right side of the search box and select
Search in locked notes. You will be asked to enter the passcode to unlock the locked notebooks.