Mac, Windows and Linux apps
Mar 16, 2023
- Fixed a rare issue with the app might sign out when the internet is disconnected.
- Improved highlight and text color in dark mode.
Mar 11, 2023
- Improved synchronization to be more reliable.
- Improved translation for Simplified Chinese language. Many thanks to Leon who helps us improve the translation.
- Fixed an issue where exporting all notes can take a long time.
- Fixed many small issues with text formatting.
Mar 3, 2023
- When you delete a notebook, you can now choose to move the notes to the trash or keep them to All Notes.
- You can now insert templates into your existing note.
- Fixed a bug with showing lock screen when user signs in with Apple or Google.
- Improved text pasting in the editor to be more reliable.
Feb 13, 2023
- Improved exporting notes to text to keep content of collapsible section.
- Improved Markdown import to automatically render all LaTeX formula.
- Enhanced pasting a link to a collapsible section should not show the entire content of the section.
- Fixed shortcut to set text color to gray does not work.
- Improved toggling bullet list to be more reliable.
- Fixed an issue when indenting a bulleted list, sometimes a blockquote is added.
Feb 5, 2023
- Fixed a bug when typing in a new window, the note is not saved.
Feb 4, 2023
- Minor translations update.
Feb 3, 2023
- NEW: UpNote has now supports sign in with Google and sign in with Apple. These additional methods help you access your account quickly and improve account security with multi-factor authentication (MFA). For an existing users, you can change your sign in method with email and password to the new methods in your Settings -> Account screen.
- NEW: You can now see notes from nested notebooks in the parent notebook.
- NEW: You can now copy the link to a collapsible section.
- When editing a heading or a collapsible section, the links will update automatically.
- Improved app layout when window is small.
- Improved changing text formats when multiple cells in the table are selected.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Dec 31, 2022
- Improved import notes from Evernote to support code block.
- Improved Markdown import to support Wiki links.
- Fixed restoring data from backup not working properly.
Dec 29, 2022
- Fixed a rare issue that notes are not displayed when the app is launched.
Dec 28, 2022
- NEW: you can now insert custom date formats into templates.
- If you are viewing or editing a template, you can quickly create a new note from the current template.
Dec 23, 2022
- NEW: If you frequently reuse or duplicate a note, you can now add the note to Templates. This feature helps you save time when creating a new note instead of copying content from another note, now you can simply select from saved templates and UpNote will fill in the content for you.
- Improved import of notes from Evernote. Now you can choose multiple enex files and use the filename as notebook.
- Fixed an issue when exporting multiple notes, attachments with the same name may be overwritten.
- Fixed an issue when a text is highlighted, the selection is not maintained.
Dec 10, 2022
- Fixed a rare issue that user might not be able to sign in.
Dec 4, 2022
- Significantly improved application launch time.
- Improved undo/redo to be more reliable.
- Fixed an issue where highlighting text could move the text to another location.
Nov 29, 2022
- NEW: you can now select other fonts installed in your computer.
- NEW: you can set default language for code block.
Nov 23, 2022
- Fixed an issue with unable to check/uncheck todo item
Nov 23, 2022
- Fixed pasting into todo list, bulleted list or numbered list might not work properly.
Nov 18, 2022
- NEW: You can now embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo and many other sites in your notes.
- Fixed exporting all notes might not work.
Nov 7, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the bind menu was not shown when right-clicking on a link.
Nov 2, 2022
- Fixed an issue where notes could not be searched in backlinks.
- Fixed an issue where new tags could not be created when typing in Korean.
Nov 1, 2022
- NEW: LaTex formulas are now supported. Now you can easily insert math, physics and chemistry equations into your notes!
- You can now choose to show or hide nested notebooks in the main notes list.
- Improved resizing behavior when note window is small.
- Improved import from Evernote when taking notes from the web clipper.
- Fixed an issue where pasting into UpNote might not display pasted content.
- Fixed an issue where creating new notes from x-callback-url didn't show newlines.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect order of notes in tags.
Oct 3, 2022
- You can now rearrange nested notebooks in the main list.
- Improved backup to Markdown format to include notebook data.
Sep 28, 2022
- UpNote now shows nested notebooks in list view.
- You can now paste a link directly into the selected text.
- Improved exporting notes to Markdown format to keep information about the notebooks the note belongs to.
- Fixed an issue with text dragging not working.
- Fixed various issues when typing in Korean language.
- Fixed copying collapsible section may not keep the last line.
- Improved global shortcut to create a new note in a new window.
Aug 12, 2022
- Fixed an issue where attachments could not be restored if the user was not signed in.
- Improved attachment sync to be more reliable.
Aug 9, 2022
- The global shortcut for pasting into UpNote has been updated to avoid conflicts with the MacOS shortcut.
- If you have enabled the lock, exporting all notes will require you to enter your password.
- Fixed an issue when importing from RFTD file, a notebook would be created with RFTD file name.
Aug 3, 2022
- NEW: UpNote has supported global shortcuts for creating a new note, pasting into UpNote and searching.
- NEW: UpNote has supported Turkish language.
- Improved exporting attachments to show the real attachment name instead of the unique identification.
- Fixed exporting all notes does not download all attachments
- You can now enable or disable word wrapping in code block
- Improved writing for Korean and Japanese languages
Jul 22, 2022
- NEW: You can now set the background color for the block quote
- Improved writing in block quote to be more reliable.
- You can now easily copy, cut and delete quotes and code blocks from the context menu.
- Long text in code block now wraps by default.
- Improved attachment sync to be more reliable.
- Automatically leave focus mode when searching for notes.
- Added new gray color for text and background color.
- Fixed an issue with unable to search inside the code block.
- Fixed an issue with unable to export note if the title contains special characters.
Jul 11, 2022
- Fixed an issue when clicking "Edit" doesn't open the app to edit the attachment
- Fixed an issue of not being able to set the header from the context menu
- Fixed an issue with unable to paste image into the editor
- Keep zoom level when app is restarted
Jul 7, 2022
- NEW: you can quickly cut, copy and set background color for each collapsible section.
- NEW: you can now search notes by title.
- You can now edit the attachment and sync to other devices.
- You can drag text from other apps into UpNote.
- Fixed an issue with backup files not downloading files automatically.
- Fixed an issue when clicking delete image from the image menu does not work.
- Fixed an issue with links to a note not appearing when the note is opened in a new window.
- Improved shortcut when user is using non-English keyboard.
- Improved application performance and reliability.
Jun 20, 2022
- Improved context menu to show shortcuts for all common functions
- Added keyboard shortcuts to expand and collapse all collapsible sections
- Updated keyboard shortcuts for collapsible sections so that it doesn't conflict with the common shortcut Cmd + S.
Jun 17, 2022
- Improved collapsible section in notes version history.
Jun 16, 2022
- Improved collapsible section to automatically expand if it contains search results
Jun 15, 2022
- NEW: you can now insert collapsible sections into your notes. Collapsible sections make it easier to write long notes. Please update UpNote on all other platforms to use this new feature.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when a tag was removed from a note.
- Fixed incorrect placeholder position in typewriter mode.
May 20, 2022
- Stability and performance improvements
May 13, 2022
- Improved importing notes from files and nested folders, and automatically convert folders into notebooks
- HEIC images are now supported
- Improved version history display to make it bigger and easier to read
May 10, 2022
- Improved note import from Evernote, SimpleNote, Markdown, HTML and text files to be more reliable and easier to use
- Added translation for traditional Chinese language
- Fixed an issue with unable to copy images from UpNote to other apps
May 7, 2022
- Fixed an issue where images and files from Markdown could not be imported
- Fixed font change to "System" not persisted when app restart
May 3, 2022
- Fixed an issue with search bar that could lose focus when typing
- Fixed an issue where search didn't work when selecting a tag
- Improved search performance
Apr 30, 2022
- Fixed an issue where printing didn't work when a note was opened in a new window
- Fixed an issue where copying as Markdown might not work properly when a note has multiple images
- Fixed inserting horizontal divider sometimes from right click menu not working
- Fixed an issue where resetting the editor settings to default did not reset the font and font size
- Added a new font "Inter"
Apr 24, 2022
- Stability and reliability improvement
Apr 9, 2022
- Bug fixes and stability improvement
Apr 9, 2022
- Fixed a bug with unable to paste plain text into UpNote
Apr 8, 2022
- NEW: you can now share your notes via a secret web link
- UpNote will now show a warning if the note is too long
- Improved export of notes to text
- Improved code block to be more reliable
- Improve typing in Japanese/Korean/Chinese
- Fixed an issue where deleting a notebook did not move notes in a nested notebook to the trash
- Improved pasting of text, images and files into UpNote
- Fix issue with Cmd + Backspace deleting note content
Mar 9, 2022
- You can now copy and paste files from Finder into UpNote
- Improved display for tables
Mar 2, 2022
- Fixed an issue where user set backup frequency to "Off", clicking "Backup now" didn't work
Mar 2, 2022
- Fixed an issue when pasting from Excel, the image was black
- Fixed an issue where backup might not run if the computer goes to sleep frequently
Feb 20, 2022
- Fixed an error when saving article from the Web Clipper
Feb 19, 2022
- Improved backup function to automatically keep attachments and export notes to Markdown format
- Improved Japanese translation
- Improved performance when importing notes from Evernote, Markdown and HTML files
- Improved image pasting from browser to UpNote
- Improved writing with Markdown
Feb 5, 2022
- Fixed a bug when importing notes from Markdown and HTML files
- Supported exporting all notes
- Improved typing in Japanese, Korean and Chinese
Jan 28, 2022
- When notes are rearranged in a long list, the list automatically scrolls so you can conveniently drag and drop notes
- Fixed a rare issue where sometimes notes could not be moved to another notebook
- Fixed an issue with the color of the scrollbar in dark mode
- Fixed an issue where the replace bar could not be displayed
Jan 22, 2022
- Fixed a bug when converting Evernote tags to notebooks
- Improved exporting notes to HTML to make the style better